1821

The foundation stone of the first St Mary's Chapel is laid by Gov. Macquarie and blessed by Fr Therry.

Read More


1820

The first officially appointed priests, Fathers Philip Conolly and John Joseph Therry arrive and funds are raised to build a chapel in the colony.

Read More


1818

A choir is established by Catherine Fitzpatrick, which becomes the St Mary’s Choir.

Read More


1803

Father James Dixon who arrived in 1800 celebrates the first Mass authorised by the government.

Read More